Butterfly Kisses & Bedtime Prayers

"Butterfly Kisses after bedtime prayer. Stickn' little white flowers all up in her hair. Oh with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right. To deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night". *** For parents of children with diabetes and adults who are living with Type 1 diabetes. We are looking to share stories, ideas, concerns, and laughter.***

Friday, June 16, 2006

ZippaDee Doo Da

Wow I realized today that it's been nearly a month since my last post. Boy I thought I'd been busy but I guess more than I thought.

Well Dave had surgery on the 25th. It all went well. He is now in a cast until the 26th. The doctor had to remove some bones and take a piece of tendon from his upper arm and use is as a support for his thumb. YUCK. The way it was described in the or notes is gross. He took the tendona dn pushed it through holes drilled in the bone. Then tied it in a loop etc. Well hope this works so he can use his hand!

I started working on the 30th. So far its been just training.They have so many cast members starting that its hard to get all the scheduled training in. Fine with me as I have my cast ID (for discounts) and haven't had to work much. Tomorrow i am being paid to go on an "urban Adventure". This is where they take you on a tour of the area you are working. ie Magic Kingdom etc. For me it will be Downtown Disney. Too bad I can't shop as I go. Not that my family's wardrobe isn't already entirely Disney.

Carylanne's been doing really well. Good numbers most days. We were informed however that her Cholesterol is higher than it should be for a 9 yr old It was in the 180's. We already skip fries with meals, she usually orders a salad. I guess we have to be more vigiliant. Plus we seem to have another problem cropping up. I have to do a little research on this one but for a month or so shei s having bowel problems. She never feels if she has to go. She doesn't have accidents or anything but she just doesn't feel when she has to go. So she goes in to pee and ends up finding out she has to do more than pee. Kinda annoying at times. Then we have the fun of puberty starting. All the signs are appearing now. I am not ready for this!!

Nothing on the VA front yet. We are still waiting for his rating. I feel like we will be waiting forever! He went for an MRI on his back tonight. Its getting worse. He has 3 herniated disks plus arthritis and nerve damage. Just never gets better.

If anyone has any good ideas for healthy snacks (other than the obvious fruits and veggies) smoothie recipes, etc I would love some new ideas. I am trying to try new things in order to help her cholesterol and weight. I already give her lots of veggies. Salads etc. I am writing down everything we give ehr for the dietician in Sept. We are told "let her be a kid and don't put her on a diet. But then we are told, she is gaining weight too quickly and she has a cholesterol problem. Hello what do I do. I am trying to get her exercise without hurting her joints, and giving her salads and veggies. ARRGGHH!!!!

Well tiem for bed. I have had chest pains all day. Not sure if its stress or arthritis. I have arthritis in my breast bone. But have had a lot of stress this week too.
Oh well a good night's sleep may help.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM HST, Blogger Vivian said…

    I am so glad that things seem to be going well. Yea!!
    About the bowel problem, check out Encopresis.

     
  • At 11:17 AM HST, Blogger Shannon said…

    It sounds like everything is hunky dory...as much as it can be.

    As for cholesterol, I don't know what else to suggest other than check dairy and make sure she's getting skim milk, lowfat cheese, and non-fat yogurt if she actually eats any of that.

    Do you serve prepackaged foods? Check for trans-fats in the ingredients.

    If I give Brendon pre-packaged snacks or processed snacks, I make sure I buy ones without transfats. Otherwise, I usually give him a fruit and water for school snacks.

     
  • At 6:41 PM HST, Blogger Lori said…

    My son (Type I) has a bit of a cholesterol problem also. The Dr. suggested flax seed oil tablets and they are doing the trick. Hope things are going well for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home