Butterfly Kisses & Bedtime Prayers

"Butterfly Kisses after bedtime prayer. Stickn' little white flowers all up in her hair. Oh with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right. To deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night". *** For parents of children with diabetes and adults who are living with Type 1 diabetes. We are looking to share stories, ideas, concerns, and laughter.***

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A whole new world-Disney World

I got my dream job back yesterday!!! Starting on May 30th I am officially back at Disney. I was so excited! 6 years ago when we tried to move to Florida I got hired for the Magic Kingdom. A job I had wanted since I was a teenager. I had to give it up however when Dave went active. I had just begun training. I was told then that I could always come back. I was nervous all this time though that maybe I couldn't. Well I decided that even though its a bit more of a drive than I wanted to make it was the only place I really wanted to work. So I went in yesterday and got my job back. Only this time I am going over to the World of Disney in downtown Disney. It is a bit closer to get to than Magic Kingdom. For now anyway. I hate the idea of leaving the girls and letting someone else (even her father) take care of the diabetes but I know it has to be done. I know they can handle it all its just hard to leave. My first attempt at a job was such a disaster and I was trying then to be so close to home. This time I am about 45 mins away. But when I am at Disney I am enjoying what I do and where I am. We will move closer next year so this is temporary being so far away.

Until May 30th we have so much to do to prepare. Plus Dave is having surgery next Thurs. I wouldn't go to work until after that. They are going to try and salvage what the army doctor screwed up. Let's hope they can!

Friday we go to the new endo. We are going to a program at Neumours. I am excited to get her into a whole clinic thing again. Dave wil be with us so he will be right up on her care. I will only be working part-time but still he needs to be back in the swing of things again.

So many changes coming up. I am excited and a bit scared as well. But this whole year has been full of that. The girls are excited about me working at Disney. The perks are great and they feel better knowing I am there. Even if it is a bit further from home.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM HST, Blogger Allison said…

    Hey, are you planning on going to the CWD conference this summer now that you are living in Florida? Just curious to find out if any other OC-ers will be there.

     
  • At 1:51 AM HST, Blogger Shannon said…

    I KNEW there was a reason for Walmart not working out. Who wants to work there when you can work at Disney.

    I really hope the surgery works out for your husband.

    Yay for things being on the upswing!!

     
  • At 11:18 AM HST, Blogger Vivian said…

    I am so excited for you. See all things happen for a reason, I am sure of it. It will be a great thing for your husband to be more hands on with the diabetes care. It will be wonderful for you to have some time away, if you can get past the worry-parent-blues (which by the way I totally understand). We will be saying prayers for your husbands surgery and that the more positive things will continue to happen for your family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home