Butterfly Kisses & Bedtime Prayers

"Butterfly Kisses after bedtime prayer. Stickn' little white flowers all up in her hair. Oh with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right. To deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night". *** For parents of children with diabetes and adults who are living with Type 1 diabetes. We are looking to share stories, ideas, concerns, and laughter.***

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I was tagged and didn't know it

Hey all. In looking back on posts etc from all my time on the road I found I was tagged back in Feb. So in sitting here having my Sangria I thought about all my 4 things. I will have to post my list but I think everyone else has already been tagged in my time off.

Anyway.....

4 jobs I have had:

Bank Teller: I was robbed at gun point. The robber watched too many tv dramas and took too many drugs. He came bursting in the bank at high noon, putting all the customers on the floor and jumped the teller counter. Truly terrifying. He was captured a week later when his girlfriend turned him in. Hard to explain spreading blue dye all over your body. Smart-guy took my dye pack and it exploded about 5 mins into his get-a-way.
Waitress: Not my best job. I once spilled a large glass of ice water onto a young guys crotch. OOO REFRESHING!!!
Sandwich maker: Ever wonder where those gas station sandwiches come from? I once worked in a warehouse making sandwiches for gas stations. Trust me they are not fit for human consumption!
CSR for Cox Cable: I worked for over 4 years as a customer service rep for cable tv. I once had a customer who was totally irate and rude. (Yeah actually I had a lot of these customers) This one in particular told me that I should be just happy he was a customer and that he paid my salary. Well that was the last straw. So I married him 3 months later. And he knows never to say that to anyone again as I haven't worked in years so HE DOES PAY MY SALARY!

4 movies I can watch over and over
I love THE BREAKFAST CLUB I can recite most of the dialogue and must have seen it about 100 times. Pirates of the Carribean-I just love watching Johnny Depp! STRIPES-Arrrmmy Training Sir! that's a fact jack! Disney Movies: I have most of them and watch them all frequently. I haven't found one I don't like. Winnie-the-Pooh is my favorite however.

4 places I have lived:
Honolulu Hawaii. In a dormant volcanic crater
Ft Polk, Leesville Louisiana
Ft Drum, Watertown, New York
Coventry Rhode Island

4 shows I love;
M*A*S*H I have always loved it. Who knew I would some day live it.
2 1/2 Men. I absolutely love this show. Does anyone remember the SQUAB episode
Blue Collar TV- We love Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall!
Ghost HUnters- I love shows about the paranormal. Weird fasination I guess! Better yet SCARIEST PLACES ON EARTH

4 places I've gone on vacation:
Disneyland/Disney World Our favorite all time place
Hawaii Volcano National Park.-Truly awesome! We stayed in a cabin right on the volcano of Kilauea. Also went to the top of Mauna Kea to the observatory. Just awesome!
Smokey Mountains Tenn: Dave and I went up in a helicoptor/ drove all though the mountains. Went down into a underground cave all the time I was feeling sicker and sicker. Who knew I was 7 weeks pregnant!
Washington DC: I love it here. We got to see all the monuments and even the White House before the tours were discontinued. Carylanne wanted to know if Abe Lincoln ate at the Hard Rock Cafe before going to the theatre.

4 favorite foods;

Lobster
Key Lime Cheesecake ( I have an awesome recipe)
French Meat Pie
Prime Rib

4 websites I visit every day

Superkids Math- This has math for the kids but links to some cool online games. I love playing spongebob when I can't sleep.
Projo.com I check up on happenings from my home state
Blogs from most of you
E-Bay (I love to browse for deals)

4 places I'd rather be right now
On a cruise
In Disney World ( I am so close and yet so far right now)
Europe
Can't dream too much about being somewhere else after I have already come so far. 6000 miles later I guess I am where I need to be.

Well I would love to tag someone but I think you have all been tagged. I think I will start another little list

Best childhood memory/Best memory you would like to give to your children (or future children)

My best childhood memory; The first that coems to mind.. Going out to lunch on Fridays just my mom and me. Sometimes my teacher would join us. I remember the little resturant by my mother's work and the hamburgers being so good. (I went to Cathoic School then and my mom worked at the church). It was my time with mom.

Memory I would like to give my daughters: I wouldn't want my daughters to only define their childhood by all the places we have gone or the toys they have. I hope they remember that where ever we were, we were together and that they were always loved. Some times in our lives we have had more to give them, more we could afford to do. But other times things were tough. But through it all we were together and loved them always. I hope that diabetes never clouds these memories of family time.

For this I would like to tag Carkisser/and Shannon of MOM WANTS A CURE!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:09 AM HST, Blogger Shannon said…

    Thanks for the memories, LOL.

    You had an exciting experience working at the bank. How terrifying, yet at the same time, ridiculous. The guy sounded like a truely intelligent man.

    And I will never eat a sandwich, or any food from a gas station. I can only imagine what went into those sandwiches.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home