Butterfly Kisses & Bedtime Prayers

"Butterfly Kisses after bedtime prayer. Stickn' little white flowers all up in her hair. Oh with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right. To deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night". *** For parents of children with diabetes and adults who are living with Type 1 diabetes. We are looking to share stories, ideas, concerns, and laughter.***

Thursday, February 23, 2006

WE ARE NOW FLORIDIANS!!!!!!!!

We made it!! I finally have use of a computer to post this. Sunday Feb 12 we drove into Florida. What a great relief. Seeing the country was fabulous, but seeing WELCOME TO FLORIDA topped it all.

We are so happy with the apartment. Brand new everything and the town is really nice. We aren't quite through with all we have to do but boy have we come a long way. The girls are thrilled. They love the way the apartment looks and the community. We checked out the area until moving in on the 14th. One night in the apartment and we were off again. We drove to Rhode Island (which is where we are now until Sunday). It was a good idea to visit grandparents until our household goods were ready to arrive. I am happy to say they are in Florida and being delivered on the 2nd. So things are coming together. Once we can set up our home we can settle in. My balcony is awesome. I can't wait to live out my daydream from Hawaii of sitting on my balcony, sipping tea (or a bahama mama) and reading a good book! We even got an end unit apartment how cool is that!

Carylanne has done great through all this. Some high numbers here in Rhode Island but with everything its been mostly good.

So now we visit until Sunday and then off for 1 more long ride. Lots of work ahead with unpacking, setting up pur new home and getting hubby taken care of. It feels like we are almost at the end of a very long tunnel and have found our way out. Can't wait to really start living like a Floridian!!!

Oh by the way..... We are absolutely FREEZING up here!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:58 AM HST, Blogger julia said…

    It's not even that cold right now. You've gone soft with all that tropical living. ;)

    Congrats on your move. I'm envious of your balcony. Have a fruity, alcoholicky drink for me. :D

     
  • At 4:00 AM HST, Blogger Shannon said…

    Halleluja (sp?)!!!!

    Relax and have a great time unpacking and settling into your new home. What a relief it must be. I sort of know how it feels. I don't ever want to move ever again.

     
  • At 5:07 AM HST, Blogger Penny said…

    Welcome home. Glad you made it safely.

     
  • At 4:02 AM HST, Blogger Ellen said…

    Wow you really know how to have an adventure :-). I bet the grandparents were thrilled to see you.

    Good luck with the unpacking. We'll all be toasting to lots of wonderful times in your new home.

     
  • At 4:15 AM HST, Blogger julia said…

    Someone from the insulin pumpers list just posted, wondering about someone moving into a condo place in Cape Coral, FL. Would that be you guys?

     
  • At 1:14 AM HST, Blogger Eddie said…

    Hi there, I was surfing the internet and I found your blog. I like the way how this all works.

    I'll come by again.

    Many thanks,

    community condo jersey new

     

Post a Comment

<< Home