Butterfly Kisses & Bedtime Prayers

"Butterfly Kisses after bedtime prayer. Stickn' little white flowers all up in her hair. Oh with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right. To deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night". *** For parents of children with diabetes and adults who are living with Type 1 diabetes. We are looking to share stories, ideas, concerns, and laughter.***

Thursday, February 02, 2006

THE JOUBERT'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE-I

We are finally on the road! My computer got packed before I could even post that we had movers coming. That was an experience I would love to forget. They packed and moved our belongings in one day leaving us in an empty apartment, sleeping on cardboard boxes for a night until we could clear housing the next day. My poor husband's back! Our neighbor gave us an air mattress that my husband lovingly gave to the girls and I however the air went out of it after an hour. Once we cleared housing and tried to put our things in my car we found out we had much more than a compact car could hold. It was also pouring rain throughout all this. So we leave some things at a neighbor's house, pack the car beyond capacity and head to the base. I have never been so tired. Once we got into the base hotel things got much better. We got some much needed sleep and things began to fall into place. Until the weekend when Christianne got sick. Of course I got it by Monday and yes Carylanne by Tues night. Nothing like flying with stuffy noses and coughing up lungs! Well Wednesday went off well. We left Honolulu at 2:05 and arrived in LA at 9pm. The hotel I booked for 1 night was horrid. It smelled like urine. Also not in the best part of town. Although reviews on the net said it was a good place. Yeah right when my husband who is trained in combat is nervous it is a problem. This morning we checked out, rented a car and went to get our van. Sounds easy right?? Only I had to drive it behind hubby in the rental from Long Beach to Anaheim. Did I ever mention I don't drive much??? Plus I have been living on an island for 3 years and before that out in the country. So here I am driving on the California highways. So my nerves are shot!!! We are now in a nice hotel outside of Disneyland. In fact we can walk right into the park and will do so tomorrow. My girls are so excited. It is so weird how different Disneyland is to Disney World. Carylanne's sugars have actually not been too bad. Her cold is getting better. It's just a lingering cough now. The time change messed up the schedule a bit. But we are trying to get back on schedule. At least the first time change was only 2 hours. NOw it will be 1 hour at a time to the east coast. Monday we head to Vegas for 2 nights. The girls are getting the lesson of a lifetime!!! Well time for a much needed rest. Tomorrow we can all be children and see Mickey and all our friends.... Will keep you all updated as my computer is available For now BYE from THE JOUBERT'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE!!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM HST, Blogger Allison said…

    Wow. How exciting! It will be fun to read about your trip across the country. What a great learning experience. I wish I could go!

     
  • At 4:23 AM HST, Blogger Penny said…

    Welcome home.

     
  • At 4:57 AM HST, Blogger julia said…

    In spite of all the hassles, it sounds like it's been a great trip so far! I love long road trips. Can't wait to hear about the rest of it.

     
  • At 5:21 AM HST, Blogger Ellen said…

    Wishing you the most wonderful time in Disneyland and safe and exciting travels to Florida. SUPER BIG HUGS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home