Butterfly Kisses & Bedtime Prayers

"Butterfly Kisses after bedtime prayer. Stickn' little white flowers all up in her hair. Oh with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right. To deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night". *** For parents of children with diabetes and adults who are living with Type 1 diabetes. We are looking to share stories, ideas, concerns, and laughter.***

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Let the JOurney Begin!

Well today we got our answer from the army. It was not exactly what I hoped for but it is over and we are going home in about 30 days. Not much time to plan a new life. We will be homeless and jobless so that is very scary. But it was inevitable as hubby could no longer be a soldier with his injuries. Unfortunately we have to wait for 6-8 months for veterans benefits. They take their time and never make anything easy.

So our journey across country should begin in late Jan. I am trying to plan and think of everything we need to do Diabetes related. As well as child related, disabled husband related and harried, stressed mom related! Well lots of bedtime prayers for this one.

So stay tuned I am sure that our journey will be an incredible one. I may not feel that way until we get to the other side and get settled. But my girls have learned one thing in this life. It is that we can get through anything. I am sure they will think moving is a snap when they are adults!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:01 AM HST, Blogger Shannon said…

    One step at a time girl, one step at a time. Then it won't seem so overwhelming.

    We had a big move while I was 4 mos. pregnant, Jessica was just a year old and Brendon was just being diagnosed. It was the most stressful time of my life, but once we were settled, I was never so happy to be "home".

    People asked if I was homesick because we have no family here in NH and I said no because I was just so relieved to be finally settled.

    The world is open to you now and I'm glad to see you're thinking of this as a journey.

     
  • At 3:44 PM HST, Blogger Vivian said…

    I know it is a lot but you will survive. We are all pulling for you and most of us can relate. Try to find the blessed moments and always remember your happy place. =)

    Vivian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home