Butterfly Kisses & Bedtime Prayers

"Butterfly Kisses after bedtime prayer. Stickn' little white flowers all up in her hair. Oh with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right. To deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night". *** For parents of children with diabetes and adults who are living with Type 1 diabetes. We are looking to share stories, ideas, concerns, and laughter.***

Thursday, December 29, 2005

It's going to be a Happy New Year!

Our journey is off to a GOOD start. (answered bedtime prayers!) First this week it came as a shock to find out that they are ready to cut our orders. In all these years I have NEVER seen the army work so fast. We should have them next week. We are estimated to leave Hawaii on February 1st. Hubby will still be in the army unil March 12 on terminal leave. Sounds like a bad disease but I assure you its a good thing. We still get a full paycheck for 40 days. Good thing we haven't gone too far or taken much leave these last 3 years. Not that we had far to go living on an island smaller than Rhode Island. (lived there for 29 years so I know).

Then my biggest relief came in an early morning phone call today. We got the apartment I applied for We are happily moving to Winter Haven Florida! I am so happy I could burst. It is a brand new place too. No more yucky, old, nasty military housing. **Believe me you have no idea the places they call adequate housing.** I even got to pick my carpet colors. Water view as well. In a couple months I can picture sitting on the balcony, over looking the lake, sipping bahama mamas. I am in a dreamlike bliss at the moment. The girls are jumping up and down.

Carylanne's numbers have been really good too. I guess the excitement is having a positive effect. This week was the HBA1C. Will know soon how that went. I am expecting in the 7.5 range. Her last was 6.7 which was a bit unexpected. We knew she had been doing well but didn't think it was that well. But we have had growth spurts the last 3 months so I am sure we are in the 7's. But I'll take that.

This is turning out to be a happy new year after all. After the year we have had boy what an ending. For the first year we are going to go into Honolulu for the fireworks and festivities. I want the girls to enjoy Hawaii in our last month. We actually got up for a sunrise last week. It's not as lazy as it sounds. It means driving across the island through the city traffic to reach the eastern shore. But it was worth it. I do have to learn how to post some pictures up here as I have some beautiful pictures of the sun coming up over the ocean. We could see Moloka'i off in the distance and there were whales playing off shore. That was so cool!!

Here's hoping that all of you have a safe and Happy New Year!! We will hit the ground running come Jan 2. Lots to do. But happily we will get it done and reach the promised land. (we promised the kids Disney).



3 Comments:

  • At 4:22 AM HST, Blogger julia said…

    As I sit here, staring at the dribs and drabs of snow that still dot the frozen ground in chilly Massachusetts, I'm pea green with envy at your images of both Hawaii AND Florida. *sigh* Have a drink for me when you get there.

     
  • At 7:13 AM HST, Blogger Vivian said…

    I am absolutely overwhelmingly happy for you! You deserve some good stuff. I hope for your family that this is the start of more awesome things to happen this coming year. Yea!!!!

    Vivian

     
  • At 11:37 AM HST, Blogger Kerri. said…

    Bravo, Supermom! Congratulations on the fantastic news!

    And on Carylanne's numbers. Tell her "hello" for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home